Thursday, March 29, 2012

DBCC SHRINKFILE

When I attempt to launch DBCC SHRINKFILE for any filename that contains a
period before the extension , (example : northwnd.ldf), I receive the error
message:
"Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 2
Line 2: Incorrect syntax near '.'.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks to everyone for being there to help.You need to use the ligical file name and not the physical.
Example:
use northwind
go
exec sp_helpdb northwind
go
dbcc shrinkfile (Northwind_log, 5)
go
AMB
"coenzyme" wrote:

> When I attempt to launch DBCC SHRINKFILE for any filename that contains a
> period before the extension , (example : northwnd.ldf), I receive the erro
r
> message:
> "Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 2
> Line 2: Incorrect syntax near '.'.
> What am I doing wrong? Thanks to everyone for being there to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment