Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DBCC Shrinkdatabase /shrinkfile not shrinking my database

I have 137GB of database (mdf). it is showing on database properties
that i still have about 63Gb available. If i go to EM-shrink file, i
can have a minimum of 65GB which i guess is my actual data. But when i
shrink it from there or from Query Analyzer, it still remains 137Gb.
I even tried doing a dbcc shrinkfile to 110GB, but still it didn't
work.
can anybody help pls.
TIA
Joriz
Joriz,
Just to clarify, this is the .mdf file and not the .ldf file that you're
trying to shrink correct? What are you specifying for the targetpercent in
the DBCC SHRINKFILE statement? Do you have exclusive access to the database
right now?
HTH
Jerry
<google@.joriz.is-a-geek.net> wrote in message
news:1129585565.049054.249070@.g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>
> I have 137GB of database (mdf). it is showing on database properties
> that i still have about 63Gb available. If i go to EM-shrink file, i
> can have a minimum of 65GB which i guess is my actual data. But when i
> shrink it from there or from Query Analyzer, it still remains 137Gb.
> I even tried doing a dbcc shrinkfile to 110GB, but still it didn't
> work.
> can anybody help pls.
> TIA
> Joriz
>

No comments:

Post a Comment