Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DBCC Shrinkdatabase errors

When DBCC ShrinkDatabase ('db-name') is run; the following error is returned.

File ID 1 of database ID 5 cannot be shrunk as it is either being shrunk by another process or is empty.

File ID 3 of database ID 5 cannot be shrunk as it is either being shrunk by another process or is empty.

Cannot shrink log file 2 (logmentusnet) because all logical log files are in use.

The files 1-3 are not empty so I'm assuming that another shrink is already running.

Questions:

1. If I restart the database will the errent database shrink stop?

2. How can I find and stop the errent database shrink process?

3. What's going on, and how can I recover the empty space in the database?

Hi

I am also facing the same issue.

Any workaround for this.

Regards

kokila

|||

Hy,

I am with the same problem… somebody can help?

File ID 9 of database ID 6 cannot be shrunk as it is either being shrunk by another process or is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment